11 October 2006

Sock it to me-sock it to me-sock it to me-sock it to me...

With sincere apologies to Judy Carne, I submit for your review, some of the many socks I'm currently working on. My exile in Omaha has worked my nerves to the point that I've purchased one of those mega-magnification lamps and have gone completely buck wild. I'm all up into the whole sick sock thang. Meanwhile, I'm working on the obligatory Christmas scarves and oddly-shaped hats for felting purposes, as well.

In addition, I managed to get myself on TV with one of the many (many) SnBs I attend on an irregular basis; although with me, I figure the irregularity is implied, doncha think? Personally, I find the best shot is the one of my hands. You see, I had the foresight to do my nails in advance, and even chatted up the photog (because they never get any love, unlike the egotistical Ted Baxter-esque reporters)...

Nevertheless, I plan to continue my attempts to Escape from Omaha. And to all the Knittas in da MTL, I hope to see you again, very very (very) soon. I hope. I hope, a lot.

5 comments:

K. said...

I hope so too!

dragon knitter said...

and you didn't tell anybody! bad knitter, no dpns!

and i know your hands were the first ones, i'd recognize that nail shade anywhere, lol.

and going through my bag of yarn here at mark's to decide what color to make for hte square i'll send on.

Anonymous said...

Deawn and socks. Who would thunk it? I remember 2004, sitting on the metro and you just shaking your head as I knitted tiny socks. My how the world turns. Next time I see you, I'll teach you magic loop and your life will never be the same.

HA!

Miss you,

Susan

deawn said...

Y'know, I learned magic loop, and in truth, I'm not feeling it.

Unknown said...

Leave Omaha? Why???

After I sew my kid's Halloween costume I'm learning the two circular needles sock method.