08 December 2004

This is fo' da knittahs...strictly fo' da knittahs...


(Apologies for modelling my own creations, and mostly because I have large, narrow, bony feet. Plus, I'm still pigeon-toed). These slippers were made from 85% wool, 15% mohair yarn, called "Lambs Pride" in Seafoam, supplied by the Brown Sheep Wool Company of Mitchell, Nebraska. (Don't ask me how to get there; I never venture anywhere past Sidney, and even then, it's only because I'm en route to Denver). I used big 'ol needles; a size 9 mm, if memory serves. I gave these to my cousin Roz who was happy to have them.

2 comments:

Mona Schmidt said...

Hi Deawn, FINALLY some knitting pics! Great projects - I haven't done slippers yet, maybe I should try one day. Looking forward to see you again with cookies, though I dread baking my share and I promise I won't let them burn!

deawn said...

Thank you for the kind words. I'm looking forward to the Big Christmas Cookie Exchange, too! Although my technique involves baking cookies until they're 'well-done,' I'll spare everybody's teeth (and palate), and make sure they don't end up like "Charlie Brown Hallowe'en Treats."*

(And Mona, I'll translate this obscure American TV reference for you on Thursday...just remind me!)