08 April 2005

Must Corporate=Evil ?

I've been trying to shake the vestiges of these cluster headaches which have been wrecking havoc on my being for several weeks now. Just as I was about to return to health, I go in for my weekly volunteer gig at a not-for-profit agency, and am slammed between the eyes with the news that one my favorite employees (and friends), is, as the expression goes, "no longer working there..."

Suffice it to say, my headaches have returned in full glory, and I'm really getting sick of this whole corporate thang--no matter what their particular profit motive is. Supposedly, her job has been eliminated, etc., etc. Riiiiiiiiiiight. I know what that means. Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say no more...

I'm too queasy to rant right now, but I"ll get back to this topic later. Meanwhile, I have pills to eat, and pain to ease. (Physical and otherwise).

No comments: