28 July 2005

So lovely (and amazing).


Just when you thought I'd given up posting anything at all about knitting, I offer to you this masterpiece, created by Molly Ann, member of Montreal Knits, and Knitter Extraordinaire. This was so fabulous, I had to take a picture of both the shawl and the yarn used to create it.

I harbor no illusions that I will be able to ever, in my lifetime, create anything this intricate. But for those of you who can, and do--the yarn is AHS Slub Kasuri, from Ami-Ami in Color No. A-35.

N.B.: For those of you wondering about the outcome of my visit to the opthamologst Monday, don't ask. The news was not what I wanted to hear. Or see. Even in a fuzzy sense. And believe me, it was extremely fuzzy. The long and short of it is, there's a occular CT scan in my future. And yet another medical professional has taken my Naturally Enormous Eyeballs as a sign of underlying thyroid disease. Wonderful. (Don't hate me because my gland is bigger than yours...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Molly Ann's shawl looks wonderful. I am studying to be able to make glass lenses and frankly reading about your ophtalmologist appt intrigues me! ;)

deawn said...

Well, I'm highly disappointed that I have to wait until after the CT scan to get new glasses. Although technically, I haven't worn glasses made from glass since 1972 (they refuse to grind out a high diopter like mine in glass--I'm strictly plastic, you understand). I'm just hoping that I can improve my vision well enough to knit with needles smaller than a telephone pole. It'd be extra nice if I could manage this without any drinking of radioactive beverages or surgical procedures.

It's always something, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

me again, I just wanted to clarify that I am learning to makes plastic lenses too. What I meant the 1st time was lenses to make glasses. LOL! I will be able to grind glass and plastic lenses soon enough. ;)

Anyway, it's neat that I really know what you are talking about though. ;)

deawn said...

What's especially neat is not only that you know what I'm talking about, but that you don't have to contend with the same eye (or endocrine) disorders as I do.

Perhaps it's a mid-life crisis thing. Like peri-menopause isn't brutal enough by itself?!