25 June 2005

Yarn tripping to Vermont


The nice people at Kaleidoscope Yarns
pose with Susan (in the purple shirt).


Susan, my childhood friend who is visiting from Texas, had the brilliant idea to rent a vehicle, and take a day trip to Vermont, where we could buy even more yarn, as if we don't already have enough. We hit La Bobineuse on Monday, and Mouliné on the previous Friday, so movement in the living room was already rather restricted. Since there was still a tiny bit of space on the floor in the w.c. we decided to cross the border to get even more yarn. It was a delightful experience, and included a ferry ride, a scenic trip through the Lake Champlain Islands, and many many clams in Burlington. Susan said she greatly enjoyed herself on the trip. I greatly enjoyed the clams (as well as the mussels, scallops, crab, and everything else I consumed). Once we returned Chez Moi, we did more knitting. Although we dedicated Susan's visit to 'The Bunnies' (remind me to tell you all about that one), it seems we spent a lot of time eating and knitting, albeit not simultaneously...


My stash from Vermont.


View from the ferry
(featuring some guy on a bike).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip but frankly one item worries me... Do I see SOCK YARN??? I love Lamb's Pride wool so am very jealous of your buys. ;)