26 October 2005

What to do (when there's nothing to be done)...

As I spend some time here in the Great (?) Plains, I like to end my day curled up with one of those freakishly large "Big Gulp" containers chock-full of ice water (right from the tap), some knitting, and Mummy's police scanner cranked up so I can catch up on the latest goings on between the good people of Da 'Hood (North O), El Barrio (South O), and Omaha's Finest (aka The Po-Po). It's a great way to kill a few hours while catching up on the many projects I'm working on for Christmas.

While you can't be here to suffer with me, at least you too can tune in to the madcap hijinx of the OPD by following this link. And be sure to turn up your speakers so you can hear. I'd recommend that you read the local fishwrap, but that's just too far beyond the bounds of human suffering for me to ask of anyone (although they do have one of the hottest sportswriters on the planet). It's a shame that his writing could put a meth addict to sleep, but I guess you can't have it all.

Let me know if anything good goes down while I'm away. I hate missing out on any excitement (because damn-- it so rarely happens 'round these parts).

3 comments:

Mona Schmidt said...

I don't have anything newsworthy, sorry to disappoint you! It is still raining and yet my hair won't curl. If you go "huh?" now it's fine, totally intended... no, please don't ask me to make sense, where's the fun in that?

Unknown said...

And i've Finished a sock ! scrumptious Rowan wool. made from a fair-isle sort of design. And: sock number two will NOT be an identical copy of Sock One, because, really, where's the fun in That ? ?

Madelina said...

Ok, you're officially old, listening to the police scanner.